- The cosmovision of Traditional Mexican Medicine in relation to pregnancy and birth, including the role of midwives and birth workers in pre-colonial and modern times
- Rebozo, its history and significance in Mexico
- Traditional Mexican antenatal care practices & techniques using the rebozo
- The herbal apothecary for antenatal care
- The use of kakaw (Cacao) during pregnancy
- Demonstration of a Cerrada, the traditional Mexican sealing ceremony for postpartum (there will be Cerrada workshops throughout the year facilitated by Mayella Almazán-Arreola so you can receive and learn how to give Cerradas)
- 3 days of intensive teaching and supervised practice
To gain your Certificate, you are required to complete 3 case studies. Two of the case studies must be clients you see a minimum of 2 times up to a maximum of 4 times. The other case study can be an individual session with a follow-up telephone call, text or email message.
All Case Studies must be submitted within 6 months of completing the training.
The Certificate signed by Angelina will account for the hours spent at the training (24 hours) plus an extra allowance of 6 hours for the case studies making a total of 30 hours.
A limited number of spaces are available due to the practical nature of the workshop.
Please email us email@example.com if you wish to be added to our waiting list for the 2020 workshops
Why is the use of authentic Mexican rebozos important?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must not rely on the information on this workshop as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediately medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this workshop
- Any information presented on this workshop, our services, products, classes, manual, articles, Facebook group publications, and trainings is not intended to represent they are used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder nor are they intended as a substitute for seeking professional health care advice and services.
The Organiser reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event. In particular but without limitation You may be refused admission to or removed from the Event for any of the following reasons: for health and safety or licensing reasons; if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event; if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, You are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs.