Rebozo Medicine from the Heart®
with Angelina Martinez Miranda
Angelina Martinez Miranda is a renowned traditional midwife living and practicing in Morelos, Mexico. The inheritor of three generations of midwifery wisdom; her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother were all traditional midwives, practicing for around 40 years each. She started attending births when she was 7 years old. At 13 she became a mother herself to her rst son and started attending births on her own. Angelina is married, has 5 sons and many grandchildren. Throughout her life she has attended over 15,000 births.
Angelina is a long-term member of the Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA) and a founding member of a new state organisation created by the traditional midwives of Morelos. Angelina travels all over the world giving talks and workshops and speaking at international conferences, sharing traditional Mexican practices enriched by modern midwifery and other topics she has studied, to keep up-to-date with evidence-based obstetrics. She is very well respected and is a strong source of inspiration for the many traditional midwives in Mexico who are working to preserve and revitalise their profession for the future.
Our rebozos promote the continuation of traditional rebozo-weaving methods in Mexico.
Sustainable, respectful practice in the lineage of Angelina Martínez Miranda
Your worskhop fees/rebozo purchases contribute to the training of Mexican women in this tradition
Intensive learning supervised by Angelina during the workshop.
WHY IS THE USE OF AUTHENTIC MEXICAN REBOZOS IMPORTANT?
As the use of rebozo increases in popularity amongst doulas, matronas, midwives, few people are aware of the fact that rebozo-weaving families in Mexico are in serious difficulties. Please ensure the rebozos you purchase are fair-trade, authentic and made of cotton to ensure your practice is ethical and you support this ancient craft from Mexico which is described by some as being in danger of extinction.
In this interview with Angelina Martinez Miranda, she shares the importance of using authentic, 100% cotton, Mexican rebozos.
WHY SHOULD I LEARN FROM THE SOURCE?
CERTIFICATED FOUNDATION REBOZO TRAINING
Malta, July 20, 21 & 22nd 2023
- The cosmovision of Traditional Mexican Medicine in relation to pregnancy and birth, including the role of midwives and birth workers in pre-colonial and modern times
- Rebozo, its history and significance in Mexico
- Traditional Mexican antenatal care practices & techniques using the rebozo
- The use of kakaw (Cacao) during pregnancy
- Demonstration and practice of the Cerrada, the traditional Mexican closing ceremony for postpartum commonly known as the Closing of the Bones as well as the Rebozo Manteada.
- This is a 3-day workshop of intensive teaching and supervised practice. To gain your Certificate, you must attend all 3 days and complete 3 case studies. Two of the case studies must be clients you see a minimum of 2 times up to a maximum of 4 times. The other case study can be an individual session with a follow-up telephone call, text or email message.
- All Case Studies must be submitted within 6 months of completing the training.
- The Certificate signed by Angelina will account for the hours spent at the training (24 hours) plus an extra allowance of 6 hours for the case studies making a total of 30 hours.
This certificated workshop includes:
One authentic Mexican rebozo worth 80€,
A printed handbook and certificate
2 coffee breaks each day,
Listing in the International Practitioner Directory.
You can book your space with a deposit of 250€ and pay the remainder 200€ during registration the first day of the workshop.
A limited number of spaces are available due to the practical nature of the workshop.
Please read the event Terms & Conditions here for cancellations, reimbursements, etc
All suggestions are shared via the platform Booking.com but you may wish to explore the same hotel/accommodation in a different platform
The venue for the workshop is the Swatar & Msida area and all of the accommodations below are within it. We will share the details of the location once you book your space.
General ideas of what to do whilst in Malta here